Prison Role Play in Second Life in both its in-world group and here on the web is meant to belong to the members of the community and be a reflection of their role play and experiences. This blog is not going to magically appear, the content will come from you the members. Here are just a few things to keep in mind:
1. Your posting should be submitted by note card in world to any of the owners until the blog editors emerge. Try to keep it under 1,500 words; remember good things come in small packages.
2. The blog is meant to be a place for out of character discussions only and not for advancing particular characters or story arcs, that what the environment specific sites are for. Share what you think about styles of play, advice for new players, you name it.
3. Pictures are a great addition and will catch reader’s attention much more than pages of text. Keep in mind we hope to encourage people not already involved in Second Life to give it a try and pictures are far better than words at explaining SL.
4. The group and website are meant for general audiences and all posts, pictures or comments must be PG-13.
5. This is a place for expressions of your views and constructive comments to the community. Personal attacks or drama baiting of any sort will vanish faster than you can type.
Over the coming weeks we will be adding features to make this far more useful to members including a members forum and a photo album (we hope). Suggestions for improvements are always welcome, drop us a note in world or leave a comment here.
So why did we decide to create the Prison Role Play in Second Life group inworld and take on the task of building this website & forum? The answer is rather simple: We have been actively involved in the prison role play community for many years and feel the many individuals who are involved, or who may be interested in becoming involved should have a place where they can share, learn and improved their own experiences. For me, my involvement started more than 4 years ago at that legendary role play Asterion, created by the masterful Traci Gassner & Bethany Letrova. I had been involved with other more mainstream role play environments in second life for a couple years, but the whole prison theme made me a little curious. While quietly exploring a number of the RP environments in SL at the time I met one amazing soul who not only took me on a tour of many, but after learning my interests were mostly in RP, pointed me in the direction of Asterion.
Torie and Sanako at Asterion Circa 2008
What followed were several months of the most intense role play I had experiences and the creation of friendships which last today. In the years since, I have created a role play environment of my own, aided in the development of another and continue to be involved as the creator of products for those in the community. I understand the commitment of those creators, particularly those who build and operate role play environments, who spend untold hours to the stage upon which amazing role play occurs. That role play can be amongst the most intense and creative of any I have seen in Second Life.
Yet at the same time that role play comes in many different flavors and choosing the right one is essential to your personal experience. I was fortunate one weekend day to find an amazing guide who helped me find my place to start the adventure. Along the way I met so many great players who helped me along. However I know others who have struggled to find their place or to grow their one style of play. Still others have been just a little curious about prison role play, but never did find the place to start. The whole prison role play is a bit of a guilty pleasure. That is why we have created this group. We believe sharing information, experiences, advice and yes, personal viewpoints can help the community as a whole grow in both size and quality. Hope you not only enjoy, but take some time to share your thoughts and experiences by contributing your words and pictures.